Great game so far! The story has that typical ambience horror I like so much, the art is gorgeous and the music is eerie and nice. I can't wait for the full version!
The Letter (Demo)
A downloadable game for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
Content Warning: This game is rated Mature. It shows scenes that some may find disturbing and triggering. It also contains offensive language, sexual themes and violence. Player discretion is advised.
Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents are either products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.
The Letter is a non-chronological, horror visual novel game with seven playable characters. It is inspired by famous Japanese horror films, Ju-On: The Grudge & The Ring, by the Korean web-comic, Bongcheon-Dong Ghost, and by horror jRPG games such as Mad Father and Corpse Party.
Development for The Letter is currently work-in-progress. Once the game is complete, it will first be released on Windows, Mac and Linux. It'll then be ported mobile, for both iOS and Android, shortly after.
Synopsis: In the outskirts of Luxbourne City stands a 17th-century English mansion, rumored to be haunted by vengeful spirits. After reading a letter discovered inside on the day of its open house, seven people find themselves trapped in a vicious cycle of madness plaguing the Ermengarde Mansion for centuries. Will they be able to free themselves from it, or will they become another casualty?
- Non-chronological storytelling with seven chapters, spanning over 300,000 words.
- Seven playable characters with varying personality and approach to difficult situations.
- Countless butterfly effects; the choices and endings you get for the previous chapters heavily affect how the succeeding chapters will play out.
- Full English Voice Acting.
- Animated backgrounds and sprites.
- Beautifully painted art style, with over 80 backgrounds and 100 CGs.
- Original soundtrack, with opening and ending theme songs.
- Quick-Time Events (optional).
- Mend or break relationships.
- A branching tree that keeps track of your progress/route.
- A journal that narrates the events in chronological order, and jots down the clues found about the Ermengarde Mansion.
- Over 50 achievements.
Be updated about our development progress! Follow us on our social media accounts!
|Published||1 year ago|
|Platforms||Windows, Mac OS X, Linux|
|Tags||Dark, drama, Female Protagonist, Gore, Horror, meaningful-choices, Multiple Endings, Mystery, suspense, Visual Novel|
|Average duration||About a half-hour|
08/20/2016: The Letter Beta Demo has been released! Patch notes are found here. Links have been updated as well, so pressing the "Download" button should work now! Please take note that the full game is in-progress, so not everything you'll see in the demo is final.
If you encounter any bugs or problems, please comment below or email me at email@example.com
Thank you for playing The Letter! We hope you enjoy it!
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
Thank you so much for the kind words, Konoi! We'll do our best to deliver a truly terrifying experience! (In a good way, of course!) ;D
I'm sure you'll manage to do it perfectly!
Also, I forgot to mention it, but I love the butterfly effect and relationships menus (can't wait to see the full extent of that) - it reminds me of Until Dawn, wich is a good thing since this is my favorite horror game!
Alright here is the ending to the demo! I really hope to see more of this game soon, it's really spooky and well written.
Sorry for the wait, gang! The Letter Beta Demo for Windows 32-bit is up and ready for download! :)
I played the alpha and did some videos for it and now with the beta I felt the need to do it again. Nice updates, can't wait for more!
Hey there guys,
I am happy it is in beta form now. I do hope it can hit an October release or November release.
Hi Dustin, we'll have some news about this in our upcoming August monthly update. Please stay tuned, and thank you for playing the demo! ^^
Download not working :(
Could you update it?
Hi Azor, you can download the alpha demo here:
- WINDOWS (64-bit): http://bit.ly/1OUcEMa
- WINDOWS (32-bit): http://bit.ly/2087IXZ
- MAC: http://bit.ly/1H6lD56
- LINUX: http://bit.ly/1H6lIpe
they want you to copy the mediafire link
I can't download it T-T